History of CPCDT
The Trust was created by a consortium of community and voluntary organisations that had been meeting together as the Crystal Palace Community Forum since 1997. The purpose of the forum was to provide community input into the Crystal Palace Single Regeneration Budget (SRB) through consultation, project development and monitoring, and to deliver a small grants programme. It brought together community and voluntary sector representatives from the five different local authority areas covered by the SRB scheme, many of whom had had little contact with each other prior to 1997.
History of Anerley Town Hall
From the 1860’s, grand Victorian houses were built along Anerley Road, and Anerley formed part of the Parish of St Paul’s, forming in 1861. Anerley Vestry Hall, now known as Anerley Town Hall, was built in 1878. It is locally listed.
It became a Town Hall as a result of the London Government Act 1899, becoming part of the Penge Urban District of Kent in 1900. The Town Hall was enlarged in 1911 and contained offices, a public hall, the council chamber, committee rooms, and a petty sessional court opened in 1925.
Anerley Town Hall continued to operate under Bromley Council until 2004, when CPCDT took over the building.